1 Year of COVID-19
One year ago, our world was turned upside down. As the media kept saying, we were hit with “unprecedented times”. We scrubbed our hands, stocked up on toilet paper, and took hand sanitizer everywhere we went. We baked bread, watched (a lot of) Netflix, gave ourselves bad haircuts, and learned how to Zoom. Most importantly, we helped ourselves and others by staying our butts at home. Some of us lost jobs. Some lost loved ones. Some of us got sick ourselves. Still, we persevere.
Remember, even though it might feel like it, this will not last forever. Now that the vaccine is rolling out, our COVID-19 cases are reducing here in New Mexico. Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread of this virus.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
TMS therapy is used for the treatment of patients with major depression who have not benefited from prior antidepressant treatment. TMS is a non-invasive, outpatient treatment that uses a highly focused, pulsed magnetic field to stimulate function in targeted brain regions.
What’s New at Sage?
Sage Primary Care is doing COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Covid antibody testing is typically covered by insurance if a patient has symptoms. Please check with your insurance provider.
- Our cash price is $125. If you’re not an established patient we cannot bill insurance. Non-patients pay cash.
- There is an age limit on testing.
- Swabs are done in the nose. They’re not the same as PCR swabs, which are advanced to the back of the throat.
- Results should be available within 15 minutes to half an hour.
Dr. Josip Gazic
Dr. Gazic is the newest member of our TMS team!
Employee of the Month
Congratulations to our employee of the month: Erinn Wasserott
Here’s what Erinn’s nominator had to say about her:
“Erinn deserves this recognition. She was hired on as a lab technician. She not only does her job of UDS (which is a lot) spreadsheets for the IOP therapist which she created to help them. But now she rooms patients, does callbacks from provider to patient, schedules patients, and helps all the MA’s out when needed… I know she feels overwhelmed but I have never heard her gripe about it.”
Thank you, Erinn, for all you do for Sage!
Sage is providing free tele-behavioral health services to individuals impacted by COVID-19. Those experiencing serious mental illness, Substance Use Disorders, or are healthcare workers in need of support are eligible for services.
Those services include:
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family, and group counseling
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Culturally congruent/cultural wellness services
- Linkages to services and supports (housing, food, employment)
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 884-1114 ext. 603 to answer questions about eligibility for the E-COVID Grant.
In Case You Missed It…
Expanding Addiction Services to Rural Communities in NM: SOR Grant
One of Sage Neuroscience Center’s top priorities is enhancing the way we deliver behavioral and physical health care services to our communities in New Mexico. Rural New Mexicans are at a significant disadvantage with unequal access to care and treatment for alcohol and drug-related problems. Sage Neuroscience Center wants to help increase that access by making our services available (in-person or remotely via telehealth).
Call us today at (505) 502-4950 for more information.
We are continuing to do our part by providing the safest care possible. Most of our staff members have already received the Pfizer vaccine. While we are still doing online appointments, we’re being very careful in the office with hygiene, distance, and masks.
We are still limiting our capacity for our in-person IOP.
We can only have five people in a room at a time.
- Checking temperatures for all patients, staff, and providers coming into the office.
- Plexiglass at each of the check-in desks and the pharmacy.
- 6ft apart stickers on the floor for check-in lines to comply with social distancing.
- All individuals must wear masks inside of the clinic.
- If you have any shortness of breath, fever, cough, or loss of smell, please stay home!
Quotes of the Month
From the Sage Health and Wellness Blog
The History of Black Providers who Contributed to the Advancement of Healthcare
Imani is a writer who is passionate about helping others through her work. Her own struggles with mental health and experience in therapy give her a unique perspective to empathize with our patients and readers. Her experiences influence the articles that she writes. In her free time, Imani enjoys traveling, making YouTube videos, reading, and obnoxiously singing to show tunes.
*All blog content that is written by Imani is approved by a licensed mental health professional.*