Summer has flown by and for the students out there, it’s almost time to go back to school. After the tough time we have had, I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer to the best of their ability. We all deserve a bit of fun and relaxation. Please take some time to yourself. Appreciate the little things. Soak up the sunshine. It’s rough out here and practicing gratitude for the things that are going right will help you through all the things that are going wrong.
Things to be aware of:
- The majority of IOP groups have returned to in-person sessions. (Ask your group facilitator for more information)
- Clients can now start asking for in-person appointments. Patients are NOT required to return to our office. If you prefer for your appointments to be online, just let your provider know.
- Keep your eye out for new programs coming soon…
- We are hiring!
We currently have the following job postings on Indeed.com.
- LPN – Detox/Ketamine Clinic
- Community Outreach & Marketing
- Registered Dietician (PT)
- Medical Assistant
- Front Desk Associate
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Adult Behavioral Health IOP Facilitator
- Adolescent Behavioral Health IOP Facilitator
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Addictions Medicine Physician
- Primary Care Physician
We’re growing! Spread the word – Sage is THE place to be! Please share with qualified applicants who might be interested, and encourage them to apply. Tell your friends, your cousins, yo momma- anyone who needs a job.
What’s New at Sage?
Sage providers have returned to the office. You can now request in-person appointments. Again, if you would like your appointments to remain online, please inform your provider.
Sage is now LegitScript certified!
We’re LegitScript-certified! LegitScript certification demonstrates that Sage Neuroscience Center complies with LegitScript’s certification standards, which help ensure transparency and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ketamine Patient Interview: Dr. Birkmayer’s patient, Haejah, talks about how it feels to receive a Ketamine injection.
- Wellness Wednesday: Substance Use counselor, Solomon Foulk, discusses how to incorporate healthy coping mechanisms in your medication routine.
Sage Primary Care is doing COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Covid antibody testing is typically covered by insurance if a patient has symptoms. Please check with your insurance provider.
- Our cash price is $125. If you’re not an established patient we cannot bill insurance. Non-patients pay cash.
- There is an age limit on testing.
- Swabs are done in the nose. They’re not the same as PCR swabs, which are advanced to the back of the throat.
- Results should be available within 15 minutes to half an hour.
It’s important to note that these tests are not as reliable in asymptomatic individuals.
Ketamine injections is most known for treating TRD (Treatment-Resistant Depression). Like TMS, Ketamine treatment is an alternative to pharmaceutical medications. Other than severe Depression, Ketamine is good for treating Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, PTSD, suicidal feelings, substance abuse, and other conditions. To learn more about this treatment, click here.
Quote of the Month
From the Sage Health and Wellness Blog
Tips for Dealing with Anxiety
Sleep Better at Night Using These 5 Tips
Nutrition and How it Impacts the Brain
If you are interested in learning more about our services or becoming a patient, please contact us today.
Imani is a writer who is passionate about helping others through her work. Her own struggles with mental health and experience in therapy give her a unique perspective to empathize with our patients and readers. Her experiences influence the articles that she writes. In her free time, Imani enjoys traveling, making YouTube videos, reading, and obnoxiously singing to show tunes.
*All blog content that is written by Imani is approved by a licensed mental health professional.*