Did April even happen? Time is flying by. Our hearts go out to all the students who are graduating this month. It has been one hell of a year for all of us, but to study on top of everything? Absolutely insane. Congratulations and celebrate safely. You did it!
Things to be aware of:
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Hereitage Month! Sage is committed to #StopAsianHate
- ALS Awareness Month
- National Foster Care Month
- Mother’s Day (May 9th). Don’t forget to call your momma or mother-figures in you life!
Ketamine injections can help with a variety of conditions but it is most known for treating TRD (Treatment-Resistant Depression). Like TMS, Ketamine treatment is an alternative to pharmaceutical medications. Ketamine works by regulating the communication of your brain cells, improving depressive symptoms. It also appears to cause the formation of new brain pathways. Other than severe Depression, Ketamine is good for treating Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, PTSD, suicidal feelings, substance abuse, and other conditions.
What’s New at Sage?
Dr. Anita Gomez
Dr. Gomez was born and raised in Albuquerque. She received her MD at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas and board certified in Family Medicine at UNMH Family Practice residency. She decided to work in medicine as a teenager in the first of three tours with Amigos de las Americas vaccination program. The majority of her work in primary care has been at Questa Health Center. She also worked with NM DOH, El Centro Clinics, VA rural clinic, and Kewa Pueblo Health Center. Most recently she did primary care for people on Suboxone therapy in Santa Fe.
Brenda is an LMHC and specializes in Substance Use Disorders and Art Therapy!
Sage Primary Care is doing COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Covid antibody testing is typically covered by insurance if a patient has symptoms. Please check with your insurance provider.
- Our cash price is $125. If you’re not an established patient we cannot bill insurance. Non-patients pay cash.
- There is an age limit on testing.
- Swabs are done in the nose. They’re not the same as PCR swabs, which are advanced to the back of the throat.
- Results should be available within 15 minutes to half an hour.
It’s important to note that these tests are not as reliable in asymptomatic individuals. For example, someone might not have symptoms but need a test to say negative for an airline flight. However, if someone has symptoms with exposure, or just plain symptoms, and wants to get checked this is a relatively reliable test.
Sage is providing free tele-behavioral health services to individuals impacted by COVID-19. Those experiencing serious mental illness, Substance Use Disorders, or are healthcare workers in need of support are eligible for services.
Those services include:
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family, and group counseling
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Culturally congruent/cultural wellness services
- Linkages to services and supports (housing, food, employment)
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 884-1114 ext. 603 to answer questions about eligibility for the E-COVID Grant.
In Case You Missed It…
Expanding Addiction Services to Rural Communities in NM: SOR Grant
One of Sage Neuroscience Center’s top priorities is enhancing the way we deliver behavioral and physical health care services to our communities in New Mexico. Rural New Mexicans are at a significant disadvantage with unequal access to care and treatment for alcohol and drug-related problems. Sage Neuroscience Center wants to help increase that access by making our services available (in-person or remotely via telehealth).
Call us today at (505) 502-4950 for more information.
We are continuing to do our part by providing the safest care possible. Most of our staff members have already received the Pfizer vaccine. While we are still doing online appointments, we’re being very careful in the office with hygiene, distance, and masks.
We are still limiting our capacity for our in-person IOP.
We can only have five people in a room at a time.
- Checking temperatures for all patients, staff, and providers coming into the office.
- Plexiglass at each of the check-in desks and the pharmacy.
- 6ft apart stickers on the floor for check-in lines to comply with social distancing.
- All individuals must wear masks inside of the clinic.
- If you have any shortness of breath, fever, cough, or loss of smell, please stay home!
Do you need help paying your rent?
The state of New Mexico has created an Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
Quotes of the Month
If you are interested in learning more about our services or becoming a patient, visit our page Integrated Healthcare Services in New Mexico.
From the Sage Health and Wellness Blog
Introducing the Integration of Primary Care With Behavioral Health
If you are interested in learning more about our services or becoming a patient, please visit our website: sageclinic.org
Community Outreach & Marketing
Imani is a writer and social media manager who assists the admin of Sage with community outreach and marketing. Her own struggles with mental health and experience in therapy give her a unique perspective to empathize with the patients/clients of Sage. Her experiences influence the blogs that she writes and the social media content she produces. In her free time, Imani enjoys traveling, making YouTube videos, reading, and obnoxiously singing to show tunes.
* All blog content that is written by Imani is approved by a licensed mental health professional.*