Seeing a Therapist for the First Time
Therapy can help you learn about yourself, achieve your goals, and improve your health. If you’ve never sought treatment before, you may be asking, what are the signs it’s time to see a therapist? And if you’re seeing a therapist for the first time, you might even feel anxious. We can help!
You know yourself better than anyone else. You can understand times you may not feel like “you.” There are also instances where friends and family may notice signs before you do. In general, there are some basic signs that may indicate it is time to reach out to a therapist:
- Dwelling on an issue constantly
- Struggling to maintain relationships
- Diminished quality of life or struggling to find joy in things you previously enjoyed
- New habits or routines to deal with issues (such as drinking every day after work, for example)
- Feeling overwhelmed, fatigued, apathetic, hopeless, or withdrawn
Therapy Services at Sage
We offer a wide range of counseling and therapy services, including Behavioral Health and Substance Use Disorder Intensive Outpatient Programs. Whether you would benefit more from a group environment or from individual care, our multidisciplinary team will find a treatment plan that works for you!
Our Therapy Services include:
- An initial assessment to determine the right program.
- Therapists who specialize in PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Addictions, Bipolar Disorder, Grief, and other psychological issues.
- A variety of different therapeutic methods and evidence-based practices, including CBT, DBT, Mindfulness Meditation, Yoga & Movement Therapy, Art Therapy, and more.
- Sessions that range from 45-60 minutes in a comfortable and safe setting.
- Telemed and virtual therapy options.
Seeing a therapist for the first time can cause anxiety, but we’re here to help. If you are ready to get started with therapy, contact us to schedule your first appointment!
Community Outreach & Marketing Coordinator
Lydia is a creative marketing specialist with a passion for helping others. Originally from Indianapolis, Indiana, she graduated from IUPUI in 2018 with a degree in media production. Since then, she has helped both large and small businesses and organizations promote their services through social media management, videography & photography, and designing marketing materials.